Friday, July 22, 2011

A Vistor This Morning

Just wanted to say a quick "Hello!" to my new followers. Glad to have you here!

Usually in the mornings I am just getting off work. I work 3rd shift so the end of the day for me is mornings for most people. I then head to the gym after work and by the end of the week I'm exhausted. This morning when I returned home from the gym I spotted something large and green on my door step. I had to stop for a little bit and let it register in my mind what I was looking at. I quickly came closer because I thought of what it was and was hoping it was true!Can you guess by the legs what my visitor was!? A praying mantis! I was so excited that I quickly rushed in making sure not to harm my new visitor and grabbed my camera. I then proceeded to sweat in the heat and take tons of photos. They are such beautiful insects and I was even considering moving this one to my porch with my plants. I have a army of crickets that seem to be multiplying every night. I could use this lovely mantis to fight them off.After I was done taking photos I did watch my visitor for awhile. I was amazed at how graceful it was. I decided to not pick it up just in case my clumsiness would bring the demise of this insect. I have been wanting to use my new lens and macro filter on a praying mantis for awhile now. It was my luck to actually have one show up on my front door step.

0 Craft Comments: