Friday, July 15, 2011

Just wanted to show off some more photos from my garden. I am amazed at how everything is growing. My mom is the green thumb in my family and has plants that are over 15 years old. It's always amazing to me she has kept them alive for that long. I usually end up killing any plants I have but this year I have been putting more effort into my garden. Checking on everything at least twice a day and making sure there is always water. I can't wait to get more of my veggies in. The cucumbers and squash are starting to grow and I'm excited to munch on them.

I also did have a little visitor which I suspected a rabbit. My tomato plant sits on a stand since the first year I moved to PA. I came out on my porch one night and found a bunny rear end sticking out of my pot. The bunny saw me within seconds and high tailed it out of there. The stand I got after that episode seemed to keep them out of the tomatoes since they couldn't reach anymore. This visitor actually got up on the stand to munch on the sweet tomatoes. I have only had one encounter of this but I do have a organic spray I can mix together to keep the visitor from not liking the taste anymore.

I was given a small watermelon plant that is growing so fast on me! Every time I check on it I swear the veins have grown another inch. I wasn't sure if it would do well in a pot but it is so far! I haven't taken a photo of it yet but I will when watermelons start to grow.

0 Craft Comments: