Thursday, August 9, 2012

Craft Shopping

I wanted to share some of my craft buys so far this year. While on vacation with my boyfriend a few months ago we stayed with his family in Idaho. I did a little search on the wonders of google and found a local knitting shop. My boyfriend without batting a eyelid said, "Yes!" to finding the shop. We always find the local comic/magic card shops where ever we go so it makes me happy he doesn't mind the yarn shops either. He came a long with me while I drooled over the yarn. He did find a chair and entertain himself with games on his phone of course. 
The place we stopped at was called CDA Yarn And Fiber. It was amazing and I had a blast. The owner also has two pugs that we enjoyed petting and playing with. I also talked with the owner a bit and she is very nice and I highly recommend this shop. I love the fact her nails were dyed different colors from hand dyeing the yarn. It made me love the custom yarn spun, dyed, and sold there even more.
My other buys of yarn throughout the year. All are hand spun and dyed which I love. Also, here is a random fact about me and yarn - It's rare I buy darker colors. The two on the left I bought from a lady at the St. Louis Ren Faire. Another amazing summer adventure for my boyfriend and me. The lady selling the yarn told me, that sadly she didn't have a online shop yet.


On to some other craft purchases so far this year! Below are some of the amazing fabric I purchased so far this year in craft stores like Michaels and Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores. I wait for the fabric to go on sale and pounce. I'm hoping this will get me motivated to finally learn how to use the sewing machine?
 

Finally, I am completely in love with Mollie Makes magazine and even though it's expensive I find the extra buy worth it. I read the magazine from cover to cover and gain tons of new crafty ideas. I find this magazine more aspiring to me than any craft magazine you can find in the United States. It's visually pleasing to me as well and I love the layouts on each page. Usually on my trip to Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores to purchase the monthly magazine I have a look around at the sales. Of course the last time yarn was on sale so when is there not a good time to stock up on yarn?

0 Craft Comments: