Saturday, March 12, 2011

Craft Swap

What I created for my craft swap with Holly on facebook! A Rainbow Cake Tissue Box Cozy. I was close to actually keeping this for myself but figured since I liked it so much so would Holly. She did from the message I got from her. I created this from the pattern in Twinkie-Chan's book - Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies.This is what Holly made for me. I love the strawberry painting! I have a love of strawberries too. The Ulala button is amazing! You can find amazing items like this in her Etsy Shop.


Over at Wild Olive's blog she is creating a few posts about embroidery basics. I would suggest anyone take a look even if you have been doing it for years. You might just learn something new! Also, I find it great for people just starting out. She should be making a few posts so it's something to keep watching for.


Time to add another project to my growing list. The Soot Sprites appear in both Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro. Both movies were created by Studio Ghibli and I'm a huge fan of. I would love to have these little guys in my home. Pattern can be found at Confessions of a Drop Spindle Newbie's blog.

2 Craft Comments:

cuppy said...

Hi Cuteness <3

I got your comment on my blog about becoming pen pals! I'd be super interested! If you still are, drop me an email at spicecayke at aol dot com & we can exchange info <3<3

xoxox cuppy

Metanoia said...

Much love for the soot sprites! <3 Have you made them yet?? They are awesome.