Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scraf Project.


Wanted to show off the scarf I finished for my friend! Rikku's scarf from Final Fantasy X-2. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I had no pattern so I pretty much looked at whatever pictures I could find online of Rikku. Thank you once again google search. I also had a good support system since my knitting/crochet teacher also works with me so any questions I had she could easily answer. I honestly can't think of how many hours it took me. I did a little crochet on the edges to help with the curling too. Just a couple of rows of single crochet. Another thing I learned from my teacher is how to stop the scarf from curling with a steam iron.

I don't know if I will have the time to post in the next couple of weeks. I am going back home to Illinois! I can't wait to spend time with my family again and the chance to see my two best friends from high school. I already have figured out what projects I will be taking with me to work on. Also, figuring out what I can take on a plane. You never know what one can do with a cross-stitch needle on a plane.... I can't wait to visit the fabric/craft shops out there too.

Oh! I forgot to post about this. A couple of weekends ago my boyfriend and I went to the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History in DC. While there we saw The Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef. It was amazing! I would suggest anyone go and see it. You can tell the love and time that was spent on every little piece of crochet.

1 Craft Comments:

patricias fabric art said...

That scarf is gorgeous-I love the colours