Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Guinea Pigs and Cross-Stitch

Realizing today that I have been cross-stitching for about 22 years now is just amazing to me. I never thought something I picked up as a child would stay with me. After school daycare really worked out well for me, huh? A lady that worked there actually taught me how to cross-stitch and I loved every minute of it. It's funny because I never thought cross-stitch or embroidery is something difficult to learn. I think, having patience to do it, is what really makes it difficult. 

I also love picking bigger projects like this Epic Mario/Nintendo cross-stitch I am working on. This piece will be HUGE and it will take me forever I'm sure to complete it. The fabric count is so small, I can only work on this piece for about a hour or so before my eyes start to cross. I can't wait thought to get this done and find a place for it in my home.

(Guinea Pig: Ann Marie)

Oh! and to make this a little longer post I wanted to show off a few of my favorite pics from the summer. I never had a real chance to take Ann Marie and Abby out into the grass where I lived in PA. The back yard didn't have a fence and I didn't know what kind of chemicals/etc. my landlord put on the grass. Currently living with my parents, I finally got the chance to take them outside and they loved it! They pretty much had their heads in the grass the whole time munching away. It's suppose to be cooler this weekend so I'm hoping, I can take them out again before Fall weather starts to hit.

(Guinea Pig: Abby)

0 Craft Comments: