Monday, June 13, 2011

Swaps and Commissions

I was commissioned by TheSugarMonster to create these two pieces for her. Heidi is someone I have been reading about for years on her blog. When I first got a message from her I was rather shocked she would ask. The finished pieces are pictured and I like how they turned out. I had her send me the text she wanted on the fabric and I transferred it over. From the last email she was rather happy with the outcome.

It's funny because I never think my work is amazing. Maybe that keeps me humble? I always find little errors on whatever I create that most people don't see. I'm always willing to improve on my work because I don't think you can be "perfect" when it comes to creating items.


I also recently joined Swap-Bot again and have been joining the swaps for craft items and penpals. I guess my only biggest annoyance is when people don't have a well filled out profile. Just writing out that they like "anything" really bothers me. If I create something for that person I want to create a item they will enjoy. If there really is nothing written in there profile then I pretty much throw something together.

Now to completely get off my soap box and share some of the amazing craft items I have had sent to me so far through swaps on swap-bot!
DeeDee over at CreateToFeelGreat sent me this bag. I'm in love with it and I love how there is a pocket inside and outside of the bag. I'm all about bags and have a closet full of them.

Stephie over at Stephie's Stitching sent me these lovely cross-stitch pieces. Can you believe these little ones are the first cross-stitch pieces anyone has ever given me!? I was so excited to see her work. I guess most people think I would not be interested in any cross-stitch or embriodery pieces. They are completely wrong!

0 Craft Comments: