Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finished Projects and New Ones

I attempted my first Friendship Books for a swap on Swap-Bot. I was to create 3 for me and 3 for my partner. It did take me a little bit putting these together. Since they were my first attempt I didn't want them to come out horribly wrong. I'm hoping my partner likes what I made for her. It will be interesting when I get my Friendship Books back to see where they have been.

Here is the pear scarf I was creating for my Best Friend C. I made it a bit longer then what the pattern called for since C's height is 5'10". Since I'm the same height it was easy for me to figure out the right length for her. Pattern is from Twinkie Chan's book Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies.

Now to start on other Christmas presents. I started working on a strawberry and kiwi scarf for other best friend B. I'm completely making up the pattern as I go along which has taken longer. I did finish figuring out the pattern so I should be able to start the scarf soon.


I also got everything together for my next epic cross-stitch project: Mario Thru the Ages. The cross-stitch fabric I have is huge and it's a 22 count. I started with my stitches today which is proving a pain to keep count of. I now have a notebook handy to write down every 10 stitches I cross-stitch to keep everything straight. I have started though which is usually the annoying part. Trying to count where the first stitch will go. Counting over and over again to make sure I'm right.

0 Craft Comments: