Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Salvation Army Fabric Fair.

One of the many good things about working night shift at my job is I can easily attend sales/etc. during the day when everyone else is at work. After going to the gym this morning I headed off to the annual Salvation Army Fabric Fair right in my town.


I got there about 20mins early. I was actually going to run to the post office but lucky I thought to check it out first and see if there was a line! So after jumping in line and waiting for 5mins we were allowed to go in early which was very nice of them. Not thinking further, I didn't bring bags with me but was provided them by the ladies volunteering for the sale.


After I went straight to the back for the room that held the yarn and got my fill, I headed back out to check out everything else. I then noticed just how quickly full the place got! Also, while in the yarn room I got head butted. I don't know how to explain it but a lady next to me was reaching down into a basket for yarn the same time I was. We did apologize to one another and went on our way. Later on I also got ran over by a older man using a walker. I'm guessing his wife forced him to be there because he was very grumpy. I didn't notice him moving because I was focusing on going through some craft books. He then ran the walker into my back to get by because I wouldn't move. After about a hour I was ready to get out of there.


After getting my fill of everything I then stood in line for a long time to check out. I had a few conversations with other ladies around me and the Mennonite ladies.


On my way out the door I then saw this sign which made me laugh. I wasn't upset by the few "accidents" that happened to me. I expect them where a large number of people gather.

0 Craft Comments: