Saturday, May 14, 2011

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

Last weekend was spent going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. It was my first time ever going and I had a blast! I went with a co-worker on Sunday and had a lot of fun. According to her it was far less of a coward on Sunday but to me there was still TONS of people. The yarn was just over whelming and it was great seeing/feeling all the different kinds of yarn people were selling. I honestly didn't spend much money on yarn. I couldn't keep track on who had what and what price. Below is a pic of what I did end up getting and yes, that is soap too. The Chocolate Mint one is AMAZING! The soap comes from Breezy Willow Farms and it's all organic. We also got to see the border collies demonstration on herding. I also meet one lady that had a bunch of guinea pigs. She wanted me to buy one of her angora rabbits. It was so tempting but thinking about what my landlord might say stopped me. There was also a number of sheep everywhere and all kinds of breeds. The sheep were loving the attention and petting. I could tell a few owners of the sheep really cared for them as well.

Below are a couple of photos I took from the Festival!

1 Craft Comments:

thesplitstitch said...

Wish we had a fair like this in Michigan!! :)