Sunday, February 6, 2011

Go go crochet and knitting!

After telling myself for awhile now I will learn how to crochet and knit it finally happened. My sister attempted to teach me a few years ago but she would stop every 5 minutes and tell me her instructions were wrong. I would have to start all over again. After about the 3rd time I was frustrated. I do love my sister though and I have a blanket she crocheted for me a few years ago.

I was lucky enough to start a new job with a lady that has been doing both knitting and crocheting for over 30 years now. She rather knit then crochet but she is teaching me both. I recently got my first crochet project done which is a scarf. I did not follow a pattern as according to my teacher it's the best way to learn.

The scarf was sent to my mom and she loves it. :)


I have a few other projects I will be working on with a friend's birthday coming up and a craft swap. I don't want to give away what I'm making yet. Pictures after they receive it!

I also bought Twinkie-Chan's Crochet Goodies for Fashion Foodies! It has some beginner stuff but it really isn't good for a how-to on crocheting. Luckily if I get stuck I can ask the lady I work with and also there is always google. Still for someone that really has never read a pattern before it is easy for me to follow.

0 Craft Comments: