Sunday, January 10, 2010

Coming Along

I have been working on updating my shop and here is a few things to come. I have to get off my lazy butt and take better pictures and list them on Etsy. I lose track of time and realize that the sun is already down! WORK WITH ME SUN!! *shakes fist*

I am trying to do more with embroidery and cross stitching. Cross stitching really takes a lot of time and my bigger projects can take about a month or two. My Strawberry Cake took me almost 2 months. That's with the Holidays thrown in there as well.


OH! My Etsy Group: Etsy Tea Party is running a sale this month. We are selling Fukubukuro Dolly Sweet Grab Bags! What the heck is Fukubukuro?

Fukubukuro (福袋, lucky bag, mystery bag?) is a Japanese New Year's Day custom where merchants make grab bags filled with unknown random contents and sell them for a substantial discount, usually 50% or more off the list price of the items contained within. The low prices are usually done to attract customers to shop at that store during the new year. The term is formed from Japanese fuku (福, good fortune/luck) and fukuro (袋, bag). The change of fukuro to bukuro is the phenomenon known as rendaku. Fukubukuro usually are snapped up quickly by eager customers, with some stores having long lines snake around city blocks hours before the store opens on New Year's Day. Formerly, Fukubukuro were an easy way for stores to unload excess and unwanted merchandise from the previous year, due to a Japanese superstition that one must not start the New Year with unwanted trash from the previous year and start clean. Nowadays, Fukubukuro are pushed as a lavish New Year's event rather than a way for stores to get rid of excess merchandise.
((Thank you Wikipedia!!))

To look for these great items just go to Etsy and search for the tags 'etsy tea party' and 'Fukubukuro'. Or you can use this link HERE. I have two grab bags listed.

Here are a few things I am working on from embroidery, cross stitch, brooches, and hair accessories. Please note: This is not the final product. Mostly what I take pictures of while I am working. I like to add things/etc. ;D





0 Craft Comments: