Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Mannings

Last weekend I went with my local Stitch 'n Bitch group to The Mannings. A local hand weaving school and supply center. Last weekend they were having a knit-in which I was excited about. The building contained everything and even more!

They supply: specialized books and magazines for knitters, weavers, tatters, crocheters and spinners; knitting patterns, kits, needles and supplies; weaving looms and accessories, benches, heddles, reeds, shuttles and warping equipment; spinning wheels, tools and equipment; fiber, dye and dyestuffs; felting supplies; crochet patterns, equipment and supplies; and yarn, yarn, and yarn!

The building is completely over whelming and I walked a few times around the whole thing. I have never seen that much yarn in one place before. I have been in yarn shops but this looked like 3 or 4 yarn shops put together. I was in heaven and had fun looking at everything.

(Photo taken from The Mannings Website)
My Stitch 'n Bitch group is all the way in the back! We started the day outside and enjoyed a lunch together. I brought along a brownie cheesecake pecan pie.I was one of few people crocheting but I didn't mind. It was still a lot of fun and with good company. Later on it did start to rain so we moved inside with everyone else. The building was big enough to hold us all and still have room to move around. At this point I started nodding off after almost being up 24 hours straight. I got off of work that morning and meet with a few friends from the group to carpool. Still it was a fun time and I enjoyed myself. Completely worth losing those hours of sleep. I'm hoping to go back again sometime soon.
Some of the yarn I got while on my little shopping trips around the building a few times. I'm excited over the Autumn colors I picked up. I'm going to make a scarf out of that or a hat. I haven't really decided yet.


0 Craft Comments: