Friday, November 13, 2009

New Addition To The Guinea Pig Family




This is Abner and supposedly the little piggy is female. This little girl should hopefully be coming to my home in December. My mom emailed me today about someone trying to get rid of there guinea pig on our bank bulletin board online. Have no idea why my mom drew my attention to this add considering she claims I have enough pigs with my 3 girls I have now.

I talked with the lady and she only has had this little one for about 3 or so months. She got it for her younger children and they had no interest in the guinea pig. She has two children under 2 years old so I can understand why they want nothing to do with the guinea pig.

The lady also told me that her husband and her have been handling Abner the girl guinea pig a lot but during this whole week she really has been left in her cage by herself. Her husband is out of town and she hasn't had time. This broke my heart so of course I need to sweep in and save the young one.

She also told me that Abner likes to run around in her ball. ARG...never a good idea to do this for a guinea pig. So dangerous but I kept my mouth shut. I just wish people would research on guinea pigs more before getting them. They really are not good for younger children. I know some people would disagree with me but that's the way I feel.

Abner lives in IL right now so my parents have kindly agreed to pick her up/etc. She will be brought out to me when my parents visit around Christmas.

Also, looking for a new name for Abner if she is a girl. Guinea pigs are kind of hard to determine the sex if you don't know what you are looking for. I wont go into details on what you have to look for/do.

I also need to post pictures of the swaps I have been in for Swap-Bot. <3 Love that place!!

0 Craft Comments: